Self-Isolation in Testosterone Towers - Day 11

I had an early start today.
I've noticed over the last few days that I have times when I feel OK,
and times when I feel distinctly unwell.

I read somewhere that we are in a state of shock at the moment,
and shock is exhausting.
So I'm working when I feel able, and resting when I need to.

Work has been done entirely from home throughout this time.
Today I felt the need for a face-to-face with our Centre Co-ordinator.
When I say face-to-face;
We were in the car park at the hall.
I signed her Key-Worker letter with lots of hand-gel, sleeves and distance between us.
We chatted, laughed a bit, and prayed.
It was so good to do that.
We don't always have time under normal circumstances.

The rest of the day has been sat in the garden.
I was armed with phone in one hand,
and Visitor's Book (Addresses and Phone numbers) in the other.

For context, part of my role is giving pastoral care.
Over the last few years, due to illness, I've been able to do less and less,
especially face-to-face, and it's been hard to accept.
I thought it was something I had to adjust to.
It would no longer be part of my ministry in quite the same way.

This week I've spent lots of time connecting with people over the phone.
Isn't it amazing how you think you're helping someone,
then the tables turn, and you end up being helped yourself?

As I've spoken, listened to, and prayed with people this week;
and especially today,
I've come away feeling totally uplifted.
There has been time to chat in ways I'm not always able to at the church.
And the opportunity to pray for the presence of God in their home,
love, grace and peace has left me at peace myself.

Prayer changes things.
Prayer changes me.

Today has been a good day.
I hope yours has been ok.
I think that's how we'll get through this.
Day by day

See you tomorrow
Lots of love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend