Self-Isolation in TT Day 7

There seems to be a different vibe around these parts today.

Admittedly I haven’t been downstairs yet.
But from the perspective of my bed it seems to have altered.

You may have guessed by my location that I’m not feeling great today.
Over the last few days I’ve had waves of feeling great,
and waves of feeling quite poorly.
I’ve increased my asthma inhalers as a precaution, 
but I can’t help wondering if my immune system 
has ramped up a gear since I’ve been cold-water swimming.
Maybe this is the virus but I only have mild symptoms.
We shall see.

Testosterone Towers is a hive of activity today.
One taking conference calls,
One chatting to his girlfriend,
One recovering, with new achievements every day,
And one who today, has joined the multitude who are not sure whether 
they will be paid as they are on a zero hour contract.

It’s interesting that 4/5 of us are classed as Key-Workers.
Once this period of isolation is over we will be out there with the rest of you.
I’m trying to keep reminding Chris of this as he longs to be 
“Out there helping people”
That day will come.

Highlights today are:
1. Video-calling my Mum. We’re so lucky to have the technology we do. It’s such a relief to see her face as well as hear her voice.

2. Working from my bed. Phoning, texting, emailing, praying.
It was only for a short while, but again technology makes it better.

3. Looking at videos from individuals and churches worshipping at home.
I may or may not have expected these to be a bit cringe-worthy.
However they have all, without exception, made me aware of the presence of God.
Though I confess one or two were switched off before the end...
Keep clicking!

Today I’m grateful that there is nowhere we go,
Or don’t go,
where God is not.

‘His name shall be called Emmanuel, 
God with us.’
Matthew 1:23

Lots of love x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend