Self Isolation in T.Towers - Day 6

Happy Sunday!
This is just a short one to say
I hope today has been ok for you.

It's been a much better day in Testosterone Towers.
I woke up to blue skies and sunshine,
a cup of Earl Grey
and a fist-bump from my eldest son.

It's been a strange Mothers Day.
I wasn't working for a start.
But amid the weirdness,
I realised how lucky I am to be with my family.
If you've been alone I hope it's been ok.

Highlights were
1. The brilliant film, "What we did on our holiday"
If you haven't seen it, it's on Amazon Prime.
It's funny,
silly,
poignant
and uplifting.
We really enjoyed it.

2. A roast dinner cooked for me.

3. Hearing about what others have been up to in isolation.
I've enjoyed people being creative and innovative, especially about church.
I'm really proud of what our own church has done today.

I am horrified though, at the way people are ignoring government advice on self-distancing,
and treating today like a holiday.
It's as if they think they're invincible,
or they'll all be ill together.

Please...
Take it seriously.
If not for your own sake, then for the sake of others you may be infecting.

Be safe.
Lots of love x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend