Tier 2: Day 4

It was back to the lake this morning for the coldest swim of the season so far.
I haven’t been able to swim there since before the second lockdown, and much as I love the river, it was good to be there.

Team Pants was out in full today.
It’s not the same without the hugs, and the selfies, but it’s always good to be together.

The lake welcomed me by being beautiful, if a little chilly.
It was good to be home.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16umCW1M5otA6M8HmaQ-GFm6FIdipamN7

Some of us stopped off at Pete’s cafe on the way home. He’s a familiar figure, and supporter of Team Pants, and as I tucked into my freshly-made baguette, with so much crispy bacon, it was overflowing; I declared,
“Why do we ever go anywhere else when the food tastes like this here?”

Life is often different to how we would prefer it to be, even pre-COVID-19.
This year has been one of ‘making-do’.
Of acceptance, sometimes grudgingly, of things not being the way we’d like.

But today reminded me of the joy to be found in ordinary things.
Perhaps the fact that they happen less often, makes them even more precious.
I certainly cherished the time spent eating,and chatting, with people who are a huge part of my life, and discovering again how much I appreciate them.

This season of Advent teaches us that Joy can be found in the worst of circumstances.

Or as the great philosopher, Albus Dumbledore, once said:
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Lots of love xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend