Tier 2: Day 10

I take it all back.
All that stuff a few weeks ago about being stressed about not being stressed.
I definitely spoke too soon.

Although, in my defence, I was right that we can’t prepare for the unexpected.
Facing it as it comes has been hard this week.
But the toy parcels are ready for collection, I think. 

We’ve had to be much more clinical than usual, and accept that we can’t do everything.
Well done that man who pointed us to scripture at the start of the pandemic.

Like the woman who anointed Jesus, we do what we can.

It’s hard not to judge yourself against others though. There are lots of posts at the moment about the things everyone is doing, and it’s hard not to get caught up, or down, in it all.

But I do feel for those who, for one reason or another, see those posts and feel less-than.

If that’s you, I see you.
I’ll stand with you in the “we did what we could’ corner.
Jesus is there too.

Anyway, that’s me for today.
I hope you’ve had a good day.
Lots of love xx

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1FgfSvUHG6FjGO1ItuRKZy0f0USLMhXc-
Our band, last night, doing what they could.

PS I’ve been thinking about some of the words I used yesterday. I thought ‘thinly-veiled self-promotion’ was a good phrase. I liked it.
However, it turns out that part of my writing was a ‘thinly-veiled dig’.

It’s no use being an encourager if I’m selective in my encouragement.
I’m allowed to get annoyed and frustrated, but if I need to qualify things by saying, “I didn’t mean you” then there’s something not quite right.

In my attempts at ‘keeping it real’, some things slip through which, while not intentionally hurtful,  still have power to harm.

Thank you for bearing with my imperfections. 
Thank you for sharing the journey with me.
Thank God for grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend