Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 27

It was 11yrs ago yesterday that I graduated with a BA (Hons) in Pastoral Care with Psychology.
It was a day of great joy.
I remember beaming as I placed the mortar board on my head, and that was it for the rest of the day.

One of the photos that always makes me smile is of my feet.
I graduated in uniform, but wanted something special to wear, so I bought new shoes.
They were black court shoes. Obvs.
But they had 5 inch heels.

I loved them.
Walking in them, however, was another matter.
I’d practiced at home, but I’d forgotten one simple thing.
Walking on carpet is a doddle, compared to walking outside.

I spent most of the day asking people if I could link arms with them as I walked. 
Although I did manage to go up for my scroll, all by myself, without mishap.

Today has been a day of asking for, and accepting help. 
It doesn’t always come naturally does it?
You don’t like to put on people. 
Everyone is busy with their own stuff.
But in my experience, people don’t offer to help unless they want to.
I’ve had to learn to accept things at face-value. If they can’t help, they’ll tell you.

So now, at the end of today, we have all the “Bags of Blessings” ready for delivery to our congregation. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1P70rRkPBt4tnhoBUyEGFbIC1tzSLmmP8

I’m so relieved.
And we’re looking forward to all the doorstep visits over the next few days.

However, I won’t be wearing these.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hEKQ1vk9xRs4Yy8zffrMadlRnUH57yYz

Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend