Tier 2: Day 3

I’ve just got back from a quick walk around the block with Daisy.
By ‘eck it’s cold.
We haven’t been blessed with snow in Harlow, unfortunately.
We have, however, had rain. 
Lots of it.

So much so, that when I tried to get home after delivering our Advent Blessing bags this morning, I had to keep turning back as the roads were flooded.

Eventually, I stopped in Chipping Ongar to use the loo;
Phoned Chris to tell him I wasn’t sure when I’d be home;
Then grabbed a sandwich from the local supermarket. I had coffee in a flask, 
so I was sorted.

I had one more try in the direction of home, and was turned back, then finally realised if I went in the opposite direction, I would eventually get to the motorway.

It was a ridiculously long way round.
It made no sense to travel that way.
I could have been halfway to Manchester in the time it took me.
But it was the only way to get home.

And isn’t it true, that we’re all just trying to find our way home?

How far is it to Bethlehem?
Not very far.
The light of life will always, always, always guide us home.

I hope you’ve had a good day.
Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend