Tales of the Riverbank

Well, I've been to the river.
Sing along if you know it.

Another first for me.
A solo swim after a busy day.

I realised it wasn't perfectly timed as I sat in traffic on the way into Hertford.
But I knew it was worth it as I entered the water.

Its silkiness smoothed my furrowed brow.
Its coolness soothed and restored my soul.
The mirror-image of the sky, the trees, the clouds,
danced gracefully before my eyes.

And I am at peace;
if only for a short time.

The Lord is my Shepherd...
He leads.
He guides.
He restores.

He leads me into pools of water where I can swim,
and breathe,
and rest.

Praying the presence of the shepherd for you tonight.
Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend