On going back to work

It was my first full day back at work today.
We had some time away, 
and then family commitments that mean we've had a few days here and there.

Unusually though, it felt ok.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't like working again after time off?

Yet, today has been a good one.
Re-connection has felt important,
and sharing peoples lives again has come quite naturally.

I wonder if it's because there is no sense of normality at the moment.
Every day is different as we watch, wait and wonder...
What will be the thing today that will impact our lives?
We can't think about the future, much less worry about it, because things are changing all the time.

I have a friend who, like me, hates the phrase, 'the new normal'.
Its use has been unprecedented...
(See what I did there.)

She talks instead of 'the new possible'.
I like that.
Maybe it's one of the reasons why my return to work has been good today?

I feel hopeful,
content in the moment,
confident that it will be ok.

God's got this.
He's got us.
Maybe that is enough?

Lots of love xx

Comments

Liz said…
Bless you buddy! God so has all of it.... I read something today that was so helpful. I’ll get it to you somehow xx

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend