Introducing Fan-Club Friday

I've had a quieter day today.

August is traditionally a quieter month in our church, so in the interests of self-care, and the hope of surviving whatever Autumn 2020 throws at us we have decided to take things a bit more slowly.

I say we, but I really mean me, as Chris has no option but to take things slowly.

Post-covid illness/fatigue is alive and well and living in Testosterone Towers.

So this morning I was his Uber driver for a while before depositing him in front of the cricket.

Then I made some calls.

Including one of my favourite new Covid-related tasks, phoning Mavis.

We chat for a bit then I ask if she's ready, and off we go,

sharing together in worship for a few minutes over the phone.

She's visually impaired so the only way I can share the worship sheet with her is reading it to her.

I share the thought I've written, 

we sing - poorly, but sincerely,

and we pray.

It takes about 5 or 6 minutes all together.

But what wonder-filled minutes they are.

And as I offer her a service,

I get so much more from it than I'm sure she does.

It's become a highlight.

But at the end, she says the same words, week after week.

"Thank you for who you are, and all you do."

Ten little words that have the power to change my day, my outlook, my life.

It's easy to feel unappreciated isn't it?

But I've decided this month to do, and be, the kind of person I'd like in my life.

If I want encouragement and appreciation, then I need to look for it, and express it to those who share my life.

We have #whingingwednesday, maybe we should start #fanclubfriday?

Do you think it will catch on?

PS If anyone can tell me why the lines have suddenly spaced out please let me know!

Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend