Post-Easter Musings

This week has been marked by inactivity.
The most ministry-filled Easter in recent years
left me with little energy.

I fought it for a day or two.
Kind-of.
Then I followed the advice I give to others:
Talk to yourself as you would, a dearest friend.

So I rested and relaxed.
Walked Daisy
Watched Nathan play football.
Read and watched TV
It helps.

Yesterday I was thinking about Jesus' appearances to his disciples
post-resurrection.
He didn't crack the whip
Or tell them it was time to get to work.
He didn't make them feel guilty for their lack.

Instead he ate with them.
Spoke peace to them.
Showed them his hands and his side that they might believe.

It's a bit of a pattern with him, I notice.
Nothing is more important than just being with him.
No work, no task, no obligation.
It's about balance.

Life is busy.
I know that.
May we hear the voice of Jesus saying
"Peace be with you."
Amid it all.

         He restores my soul (Psalm 23)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend