Lent Photo Challenge: Amazed


I wasn’t going to write today.
My brain
Body
And emotions
Went into overdrive this morning.

Not for the first time this week 
I’ve found myself 
Shaking and
Crying tears of frustration 
With myself mainly.

I’ve decided to write because 
Now work is finished 
Lunch has been eaten and
Eggs given out

I am amazed.

I’m amazed that this is the first Easter 
I haven’t been ill
In 5 yrs.

I’m amazed that
I’ve been to every thing
Done all the prep 
And delivered every message
I had planned for.

I hate busyness for busyness sake.
It doesn’t impress me in myself 
Or in others
But in this afternoon sunshine 
I’m quietly chuffed with myself.

And finally 
Most importantly 
I’m amazed at what Easter means for me.

Not a dead God, but a risen Saviour.
Not empty dreams but vibrant hopes.
Not a time of mourning 
But a time to celebrate
With family 
Food 
And Chocolate.

Thank you to all who have followed my posts 
Throughout Lent.
Thank you for your comments and private messages.
Thank you for sharing this time with me
As my love of writing has been rekindled.

Happy Easter!
Live loved.
Be amazed!
I am!
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend