Lent Photo Challenge: Among

I think I’ve always loved Easter.
My childhood memories are of 
Daffodils and Sunshine.
Picnics and primroses 
New dresses 
Chocolate Eggs.

Our own family memories of Easter are precious too.
Ryan took his first steps on a Good Friday.
Football kits
Treasure Hunts
Easter Eggs 

Among all the good memories,
Easter these days feels a bit bittersweet.

I think the events of Easter impact me more.
Gethsemane
Golgotha
Great expectations.

Staying in the moment while anticipating the ending.

Easter hasn’t been great for my health in recent years.
I’ve had to make choices that hurt 
Balancing what I’d like to do with the energy at my disposal.

There’s so much preparation involved in all the extra services.
And that’s before I even think about home.

I’m in a good place this year.
I’m not having a depressive episode 
And I’m looking forward to the weekend.

But I’m so tired.
Day after day of writing and preparation has taken its toll.

I’m not sharing this for sympathy.
Please don’t feel the need to give me a ‘reality check’

I think what I’m saying is that we’re all just doing our best.
Leading worship over and over
Being among people 
Making conversation 
It all has an effect.

Travelling the way of the cross
Is a privilege.
Sharing that journey with others,
Even more so.

Let’s go together.
Hand in hand 
Arm in Arm
Run ahead 
Or lag behind.
It doesn’t matter how we get there
Just get there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend