Lent Photo Challenge: Rest

I’m not a huge fan of Mother’s Day.
I love being a Mum.
I love my boys.
I love my Mum.
But Mother’s Day always feels a bit weird.
Bittersweet.
Tinged with sadness.
Grief.
What if’s.

You too?

Today’s word is ‘Rest’.
So to misquote Little Mix, this is a 
‘Shoutout to the rest’

Here’s to the rest of you.
I’m so grateful for you.

The would-be Mums
The not-yet Mums
The I’m really glad I’m not Mums
The never will be Mums.
The really wish I was Mums.
The I miss my Mum so much Mums.

Don’t feel ‘less than’ today.
Don’t feel you have to be what you’re not.
Don’t worry that you’re not someone’s 
‘Like a mother to me.’
Or ‘Spiritual Parents’
Or anything else you feel you’re expected to be.

Stop
Breathe
Smile 

We love you
Just the way you are

Thank you for who you are.
For sharing your life with ours.
Today 
And everyday 

PS I may not be a fan of Mother’s Day 
But I’m a massive fan of these four.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend