Lent photo challenge Day 2: Tempted

Day 2 - Tempted


I've always wanted to swim here.
It seems the perfect spot.
There's a safe place to get in and out.
I could pop in, swim a bit, 
and be back on dry land before you know it.

There's just the teeny, tiny matter of the little round sign.
The one that means 'No Swimming'.
The one that's edged in red to imply danger.
The one that I'm tempted to ignore.

What possible reason could they have for me not swimming?
There's never anyone official around.
Who's to know?
 I could do a Ninja swim.
Couldn't I?

The short answer is of course, 'Yes'.
The long answer requires more involved thinking.

You may or may not be pleased to know I haven't swum there.
As to whether I ever will, I couldn't possibly comment.

I do however, think that honesty in the little things is important.
One day it might matter.

Who knows, there could be a resident monster in that lake...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend