Lent Photo Challenge: Pondered


I think too much.
I’ve been told it lots of times
By lots of different people 
So it must be true.

Over recent years I’ve realised 
That spending time in my own head
Isn’t always a good idea.

Mindfulness has taught me 
to be a bit less judgmental about my thoughts.
They’re not good 
Or bad
They just are.
I can notice them and let them go.

I do however like a good ponder.
It keeps me creative.

It’s not thinking the same things over and over
But 
Considering 
Reflecting 
Contemplating 

I start with a seed thought and run.
Not literally 
Obviously.

Today’s pondering spot was a pond opposite our house.
I walked 
Listened
Pondered
Threw a stick 
And heard 
Three different bird songs.

My head was a bit full when I left.
It was less so when I returned.
My heart was lighter 
My spirit lifted.

I can recommend it.
Anyone fancy a ponder?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend