Advent 3: Still? Waiting?

How long does it take for a dream to come true?
How long do you wait for a prayer to be answered?
How many times do you shake your fist at God as you shout
“Still?
Waiting?”

The truth is I don’t know.

I do however, know the reality of living with unanswered prayers.
The silent cries of desperation.
The endless longing for things to be different.
The angry “What possible reason could you have?”

There are so many things I don’t know.
I wish I did.

I do know this however;
I know that God loves me.
I know he hears every cry of my heart.
I know that he is Immanuel
God with us.

I know that God comes to me in many ways.
In my darkest days he has come as the Lamb of God
and let me cry into his wool.
I know there is nowhere I can go that God is not.
I know he doesn’t mind when I ask over and over,
to trace the marks on his hands,
the wound in his side,
that I might believe.
I know that the darkest time is just before the dawn.

Still?
Waiting?

Hold on in the darkness to what you know to be true in the light.
I’ve been there.
I’m with you.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out.
(John 1)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend