On swimming in the rain.

The lake was quiet tonight.
In fact I had it to myself for most of the time.
Apart from the seagulls
The coots
And the odd grebe.

I’d done about twenty strokes when the rain started to fall.
I count them with my breaths.
Just at the start to keep me focused
On something other than the temperature of the water.

Sometimes I forget why I swim.
Until I get back in the water
And it immediately soothes my heart
My mind
My soul.

And the rain?
It reminds me that there is a cycle to life.
Rain is part of that and there’s a strange but wonderful feeling
Of swimming in the rain.
Sing along if you know it...

Life is sometimes ordinary.
It happens.
But in the ordinary we find wonder
Peace
Life itself.

May we find extraordinary in the ordinary.
For there truth lies.
And hope
And joy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend