On living without lack.

I’m reading a book about Psalm 23 at the moment.
The Lord is my shepherd
I shall lack nothing.

The Psalm has become a favourite in recent years.
If you spot me talking to myself,
while walking Daisy by a river,
I’ll be reciting Psalm 23.

It helps me stay grounded in God
Even, or especially
when life is a bit of a struggle.

It’s mental health awareness month.
Or at least I think it is.

I’m in a good place at the moment.
The worst and longest depressive episode
I ever had,
began to pass about 14 months ago.
I feel more alive than I have in quite a few years.
I’m grateful.

But today I want to sit with those who are struggling.
To pull up a chair
Curl up
And just be quiet next to you.

The one thing I know I lacked in the worst of times
Was hope.

Hope that the darkness would ever end.
Hope that I would survive.
Hope that I would ever feel remotely like me again.

I don’t have answers.
And actually answers are not what I needed.
I’d done it all.
Tried everything.
But nothing changed.

All I can do is pray for you.
That you will be given strength to hold on.
I wouldn’t describe myself as a prayer warrior.
But when people come into my mind
I lift them to God in prayer.
I know no better place for you to be
Than in the arms of one who loves you
more than you can imagine.

May you know and feel God’s love today.

And mine!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend