Lockdown 3: This time it’s personal.

Today has been designated a rude word day.
Well, in my mind, anyway.
Life stinks.
There’s no getting away from it.

Historically, when we have gone into Lockdown of one kind or another, the first 24 hours is one of extremes. 
We knew it was coming, but still feel blindsided.
There have been tears. Lots of tears.
And a few tantrums if I’m honest.

I think it’s important to go with it.
For me, anyway.
Pretending things are ok when they’re clearly not, is a strategy I’ve been familiar with in the past.
But it’s not a good one. At least, it’s never worked for me.

So today has been mainly about facing reality.
“Life is poo, so sing about it” (paraphrase mine).

I offer these thoughts in the hope that you may relate, but it’s not a promise to blog every day as in previous lockdowns.
We’ll see how it goes.

I do however want to send you my love,
and my prayers for today, and the days that lie ahead.

‘No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.’
1 Corinthians 2:9

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XTWgPWN8Xpii2jIU-ide6Dgk6z-s-0XV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend