Lockdown 3: Day 2

It's interesting that yesterday was designated rude-words day; 

then today, always #WhingingWednesday around these parts, dawned unnoticed until well after lunch.

Maybe there's something about sitting with how you feel for a while, after all? It's worked for me anyway.

I went to bed last night, relieved that tough decisions had been made, so I slept soundly and woke feeling content. Admittedly, I was a little jealous of a generous snowfall, where we used to live. But I smiled at the pictures, and set off to work on foot.

The next few days, we have agreed, will need to be an unhurried assessment of the situation. No panicking. Just looking at what is, and seeing not only what needs to be done; but what needs to be done by us, by our church, by me.

As I walked home, being on foot meant I could stop and do some doorstep visits, share some prayers, and make some phone calls. 

A highlight was a little boy on his bike whose eyes lit up when he saw me.

"Mummy it's Amanda!"

His Mum said I did look a lot like her, but I wasn't her. Part of me wished I was. 

Wouldn't it be lovely if we had that same kind of impact on everyone we meet? 

That we left people feeling better than we arrived?

It's my thinking for my #OneWord365 this year, but I have yet to reduce it to one word.

All suggestions gratefully received.

So that's me for today.

I'm praying that whatever our thoughts and feelings we will know the reality of Emmanuel.

God with us.

Lots of love xx


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1zLF8FJArKCQ10I9f52B3kr-eIwLtOGTN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend