Ssssh! It happens.

It’s our first day back at work today.
I may have mentioned the small matter of a wedding in the family…

The thing is that I have a really nasty cough.
I’ve had three covid tests but am awaiting the results of a fourth, just in case.
It started the day after the wedding.
Then got progressively worse until now it sounds like I smoke forty a day.

Life doesn’t always go to plan does it?
At least mine rarely does.
This last week when I should have been off, I’ve been caught up with work stuff that took a lot of time and energy.
Ssssh! It happens sometimes.
I have strong boundaries but this got through regardless.

So today I’m sat resting and coughing.
Yesterday we were at Clacton celebrating Joel’s birthday on our day off. As Chris and I escaped the noise of the pier, I felt God call me to the waters edge.
Not for a swim, but to stay at the edge.
And as I waited, I found treasure.
One of the biggest pieces of sea glass I’ve ever seen. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XXPM-uQVAq3_TyiJAunHBToWPtViMFVm

I’m reminded that like sea glass, we are tossed about by the storms of life. 
We can’t avoid them.
**it happens.

But also like sea glass we emerge changed, weathered, 
perhaps more beautiful than before.

God uses everything.
Redeems everything.
And yes, I’m going to claim back some of my Annual Leave…

With love 
Karen x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend