On going on Facebook.

I’ve not been on Facebook much recently.
Negotiating a 10yr account is tricky at times.
Especially when it combines work, friends and family.
Boundaries can be blurred.
Things get stressy.
Mental health suffers.

I do, however want to say a couple of things:
1. I’m sorry if I haven’t commented on your posts recently.
I’ve hardly been on, except to post the occasional news or birthday wishes.
Forgive me?

2. I’ve decided against starting a fresh account.
You are my friend because you have shared my life to some degree.
I’m grateful for you.

3. My fairly new prayer strategy is that when people pop into my mind I pray for them.
I’m not really a Prayer List person, but I often pray for you.
This is also known as ‘Chucking you up to the throne of grace’.
So chances are, even though I may not have ‘liked’ your post, I will have prayed.

And finally
What have I missed?
Tell me your news.

Thank you for understanding.
With love and prayers
From your ever-evolving friend xx

Comments

Unknown said…
"What's your news?" you ask, and when I look back over some of the things we share on facebook, I find they're not news at all. Some posts are pictures of plates of food - guess what? we ate today! Many at this time of year are of holidays and days out - guess what? we enjoyed today! A lot of posts are 'shares' of other peoples' thoughts - guess what? we stopped to think today! I guess it boils down to thankfulness - I have food to eat, things to enjoy and moments to ponder. Thank you Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend