On keeping it real

There's been a bit of traffic on the blog lately.
Apart from my writing that is.
There seems to have been a big pause on that front.

I did an interview for a national publication that was published this week.
It's not as grand as it sounds, trust me.
I responded to the questions several months ago, and wasn't sure when it would go to print.

I realised it had when a friend sent me a message,
She loved it;
Thanked me for 'keeping it real'.

And that got me thinking.
In my line of work, I believe I have an obligation to honesty.

I am a truth teller.
A life-liver.
A joy-seeker.

And in truth, that's not always the most comfortable place to be.

But if I don't 'keep it real' who will?
If I am not honest about the fact that life in all it's fullness is hard sometimes,
often....
then why write?
why preach?
why speak?

Recently I believed I was entering another episode of depression.
A blood test later,
an adjustment in medication,
and a few days rest
and I emerged feeling almost human.
And relieved!

It's easy to assume....
About life
about situations
about people.

But how much better life is when we seek the truth.
Speak the truth.
Write the truth.

Better.
Not easier.

'You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free'
John 8:32

Here's to freedom!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend