On offering to help.

I often offer to help people.
I guess you do too.
It goes with the territory I suppose.

Often I'm not taken up on the offer.
And it ends with a
'You know where I am if you need me.'
And the ball is in their court.
And I can be satisfied that I've offered.
Sort of.

And then there are times when what I'm asked to do
Is not quite what I had in mind
And it kind of spoils my plans
And things don't really turn out as I'd hoped.

My favourite way of helping usually involves coffee
And cake
And a listening ear.

But sometimes...
Often,
It's not about me;
What I want
What I'd like
And more about just getting on with what's required.

I joke with the boys and say
'Just do it for Jesus.'
He knows.
He sees.
He understands we'd rather be doing something else.
And it's ok to feel that way.
Really.

I guess my point is I need to embrace the whole of my life,
My work,
for what it is...

A gift.

Even if some of it comes in the socks and hankies category.

'For everything there is a season,
And a time for every purpose under heaven.'
Ecclesiastes 3:1







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend