A thank you.

I had my Officer Development Review/Appraisal today.
There's nothing like a spot of navel-gazing on a Monday morning!

It was my first since 2008 for many reasons.

It made me realise how fortunate I am
to have people in my life who have
loved,
supported,
and helped me through these past years.

Some have been there all along.
You'll know who you are when you read this.
There are not enough words to express how I feel about you,
My forever friends.

Others,
God has brought back in to my life
after a long absence.
It brought discomfort at first
as I came face to face with the past.
But we hung in there.
Your contribution to my life is immeasurable.

Others are 'virtual friends'
So-called because we have never met
Yet you have brought such blessing
And challenge
And solace to me
that it feels as if we grew up together.

And as I have been saddened at the loss of some friends
(See previous blog posts)

So I am grateful for those
who have come in to my life.

New friends
who have brought
light
and life
and hope.

God has a way of knowing exactly what we need
even before we ask.
Who knew....?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad all went well. Actually I quite enjoy the new set up as it's good to evaluate the last year, recognize your current situation and plan/think for the next year. It's good to be accountable. Judyxx

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend