A Pilgrimage of Promises

I had a free day to myself yesterday.
I promised myself I could do whatever I wanted.
The only rule was I had to do it alone.

Now I love people.
I love sharing chat
And laughs
And coffee
And food
And more chat.

But yesterday was to be different.
Yesterday was my day for alone-time with Jesus.
A whole day without interruptions
Doing whatever I liked

But with Jesus.

When the rain cleared
And I saw the azure sky
And the brilliant sunshine
I decided to start up Reigate Hill.




I knew there were trees
And wide open spaces
And spectacular views
And there was Jesus.






We shared a lot, He and I.
There was intense prayer
And tears
And an overwhelming sense of being loved.

He reminded me that he is Healer.
And he took me to a place where 6 months previously
I had known deep, deep distress.

He reminded me that in that distress
I gained courage
And self-worth
And confidence
And his plan for my future was realised just a few days later.

And he told me that the rains were past
And spring was coming
And turtle-doves would be singing.
And I started singing the old song by Vera Lynn that I'd heard
'quite by accident' at the weekend.

"There'll be bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover
tomorrow just you wait and see.
There'll be love and laughter and joy ever after
tomorrow, when the world is free"

And there were tears
Of relief
And disbelief
And healing
And as I walked through the copse
And out the other side
I saw a view that I hadn't seen before.
It was bright
It was beautiful
And it stretched as far as my eye could see.







I learnt many things from Jesus today.
My first photographic blog is on the way...
But when I read God's promise to me
in it's place in Song of Songs 2:10-13
the tears pricked my eyelids again.

"Rise up my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one!
Look, the winter is past
And the rains are over and gone.
The flowers are springing up,
the season of singing birds has come
And the cooing of turtledoves fills the air.
The fig trees are forming young fruit,
and the grapevines are blossoming.
Rise up my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one"







God's. Promise. IS. For. ME.
His daughter.
His darling.
His fair one.
Such love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Friend

Five Minute Friday: Song