Five Minute Friday: View

Five Minute Friday.
Write for 5 minutes, just for the pure love of it.
No editing.
Just write.
Today's prompt is View

GO

Nathan is getting really good on the trampoline.
Front drops
Back drops
Somersaults
Forward ones anyway.
The backwards ones are a different matter.

After falling off the trampoline the other day in the attempt,
he's been a bit nervous.

Photo

Yesterday I stood at the edge of the trampoline.
Watching him closely as he tried.

He improved but he wasn't quite there.

As he came close to the edge I opened my arms.

He saw me

Came towards me

And gave me a kiss.

I'd opened my arms to catch him quicker.

He'd come for a kiss because he loved me.

I spend too much time messing about

Doing my thing

Facing danger at times
Knowing God is on the sidelines waiting to catch when I fall.

Instead I should be running into the arms of Jesus.
In that place I am

Loved

Secure

Safe.

Knowing who I am
I can go out into the world and do what I do.

The view might be different from that vantage point.

STOP Please click to share.

Comments

Denise said…
Amen, beautifully said.
Tammy said…
Beautiful! Visiting from FMF. Thanks for sharing!
Karen Sandford said…
Thank you both x
LadyM said…
The neat thing about blogging is that you can capture those special moments (like with your son) that you might otherwise forget. As the others said, beautiful :)
Karen Sandford said…
I preached about this incident yesterday morning. He wasn't there! Thanks for the kind comments x

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend