The shepherd

It's confession time!
Psalm 23 was never a favourite of mine.
I'd learnt it at school.
Sang countless arrangements of it.
Heard it read over and over again.
But somehow it never really filtered through.
 
Until about a year ago.
'Certainties' in my life have become less and less,
so I have come to cry out more and more to the shepherd who supplies all I need.
 
The Shepherd who
Leads...
Guides...
Restores...
Protects...
Provides...
 
A friend shared this with me today.
It spoke to my heart and brought a tear to my eye.
Be blessed x
 
The Lord is my constant companion.
There is no need that He cannot fulfill.
Whether His course for me points
to the mountaintops of glorious joy
or to the valleys of human suffering,
He is by my side.
He is ever present with me,
He is close beside me
when I tread the dark streets of danger,
and even when I flirt with death itself,
...
 
He will not leave me.
When the pain is severe,
He is near to comfort.
When the burden is heavy,
He is there to lean upon.
When depression darkens my soul,
He touches me with eternal joy.
When I feel empty and alone,
He fills the aching vacuum with His power.
My security is in His promise
to be near me always
and in the knowledge
that He will never let me go.

Psalm 23 - Psalms Now Leslie F. Brandt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend