The trouble with being a preacher....

The trouble with being a preacher is you have to practice what you preach, or you're just insincere, untrustworthy and irrelevant.

Earlier this week I blogged this
'Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble..... BUT TAKE HEART....I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD" John 16:33

We have been warned. We may like Mrs Johnson in Blood Brothers wish to be "Away from the dirt and the muck and the bloody trouble." But we are where God is.

Join me in wrapping his presence around us right now.
Tell the devil where to go, he has no place here.
It's August, but September (ie. normality) is coming.
God is already there.
Trust Him.'

Less than 48hrs later I was in Medway Hospital A & E with my Mum, my sister, and my brother on the phone from Australia, as my Dad took his final breaths.

Jeremiah 29:11, 'I alone know the plans I have for you...' was never more real than it is now.
In fact my sister said through her tears as we stood in a huddle with my Mum,
"He's got to have a plan. He must have."

I believe that. I honestly do. But I wish he'd share a bit of it with me.
4 months ago Chris and I had all our parents, and one grandparent.
Today we have my Mum.

The shock is incredible.
The pain cuts like a knife.
The tears are like an ever-flowing river.

I believe God loves me with all of my being.
I know he's here.
I trust him.
But....

Pray for our family please (The Phillips, The Sandfords and The Hooks).
Particularly the children Ryan, Joel, Matthew, Sian, Nathan, Kieran, Bethany, Abigail, Hannah and Hayden.

(To be continued....)

Comments

Unknown said…
It's great that you've found the strength to be so honest ... being a spiritual leader is never an easy thing, but it's even harder when life seems to only be filled with "tough stuff"!

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend