On saying Farewell

I've always hated goodbyes.
As a child I would often cry when leaving grandparents,
Family friends,
Almost anyone.

The loss we have had in recent years seems to make it even harder.
Every goodbye is yet another loss.

For the past 12 months I have shared leadership of a Salvation Army corps.
Mike and Elizabeth were friends before,
But there's something about ministering together that binds you.

And as the months have gone on we have shared many things:

Good coffee
Prayer
Laughter
Coffee
Ministry
Hugs
Successes
Failures
Coffee
Cake
Prayer
Inspiration
Life
Love
Tears
Anger
More laughs
More tears
More coffee.

And you know when very different people just gel?

And accept each other
Learn from each other
Love each other.

Well that was us.

And this morning we said 'farewell'.

And tonight I am bereft.

These two took a chance on me when doors were slamming in my face.
They loved me back into leadership.
They became my greatest cheerleaders.
And I will always be grateful for their willingness to be part of God's plan for my life.

Please pray for Christian leaders everywhere who are facing change.
I'm very jealous that they are going to live by the sea!
And pray for those left behind.
That God will comfort,
Bless,
Inspire.

I know God is in all of this.
But please excuse me if I shed a few tears in the meantime.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend