Five Minute Friday: Grace

I love the word Grace.
If I'd had a little girl I wanted to call her Charis, which is grace in Greek.
But I didn't have a girl.
And Charis Sandford has too many s's.

But I digress.

I would love to be graceful.
To glide when I walk instead of clomp.
To have that aura of serenity that people have.
Especially tall people
Who are also slim
And have long legs
I hate them already!

And there lies the rub.

I do suffer a bit from the green eyed monster.

I realised last week that I'm great at weeping with those who weep.

But rejoicing with those who rejoice I struggle with sometimes

Especially if they seem to live a charmed life.
And are tall
And slim
With long legs
And are graceful...

You see??

The phrase "full of grace and truth" has been on my mind today.
I thought it described Mary, 
but it describes Jesus coming into the world.

The Word became flesh
And dwelt among us 
Full of grace and truth.

Oh to be like Him!
Full of grace and truth.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've got some Godbumps going on here. I'm visiting from FMF, and the first thing I noticed is that your blog is named after one of my favorite quotes EVER. And I have three daughters, one of whom is named (wait for it)...Karis. Yes, she is named for the Greek word meaning "grace". I think we all suffer from the green-eyed monster sometimes - I know I do. Needless to say, I love your post!
Karen Sandford said…
Wow! That's amazing! I have 3 sons! I love that you had Godbumps too :-) Thanks for popping by xx

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Friend

Five Minute Friday: Song