For my sons.

Your life brought new life to mine.
From the first moment
That blue line shouted
I'm here!

Squirming
Wriggling
Growing in secret.

You heard my heartbeat loud and strong.
And when I heard your answering one
I breathed
Relief
Assurance
Hope.

I never understood
What being Mum to you would mean.
That in caring for you
I would learn to love
Deeper
Harder
Stronger.
How in loving you
I would become more of myself.

Thank you for helping me learn the craft of motherhood.
For the laughter
Fun
Questions
Anger
Fear
Tears that you bring.
And for the love
Deep, deep love.

As you set off on your new adventures
Know how proud I am of you
How amazed I am that you are mine
That in loving you, I grow closer to God himself.

Hold your head high as a child of God.
Live
Learn
Laugh
Love
Be who you are
Precious and dearly loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend